*** Crafting and General Life from Becky and her little sidekick Dylan ***

Friday 29 February 2008

At last, a photo!



Yay! After my lovely OH helped me out I now have some photos on the lap top finally! I haven't got a graphics programme on here yet though so I haven't the ability to crop at the mo so bear with me with the dodgy backgrounds that you may see lol! Here is a card which I made for the lovely people at Simply Cards and Papercrafts to say 'Thanks so much' for my Big Shot starter kit. The paper, flower die and 'Thanks so Much' embossing folder were all from the kit, I added a brad to the centre of the flower and some felt (Dunelm bargain) for the flower head and brown backing. After embossing the message I rubbed across it with a sanding block to reveal the white core of the pink paper and then I added some faux stitching using a white sakura pen. There are quite a few demonstrations about at the moment on how to create a stitched effect. Mine is simply to do big bold dots and then join them up with a lighter and fainter line, simple! I had bought a mini sewing machine last month because I really wanted to create the look of stitching. I'm ok with sewing machines but I forgot that you had to set them up (which I had no idea how to do) so it's now in the cupboard gathering dust (good job it was only a tenner!) After purchasing it I realised that not many people were actually sewing on their cards, they were all faking it (so to speak!) I have just bought some stencils from Craftsulove called Bazzill Stitch'z and matching floss so when I have got round to using them I will attempt to upload another picture. I have photos of the tag book I made my mum but will save that until tomorrow so I've something else to post! I'd better go now as OH is making fun of me calling me Jessica Fletcher (you must remeber the opeing credits to Murder She Wrote!!!)

Until next time xx

No comments: