*** Crafting and General Life from Becky and her little sidekick Dylan ***

Wednesday 27 February 2008

Another Big Surprise in the Post!

I had a lovely day out shopping yesterday whilst OH looked after Dylan. I got some wonderful pieces of felt from Dunelm Mill for only 47p a piece which I thought was a fabby bargain! Anyway, back to the good bit, when I got home there was a big parcel waiting for me. As I am on a complete spending ban I wondered what on earth it could be... Well, I opened it to find a spanking new Sizzix Big Kick starter kit!!! I had only gone and won a prize in a card making competition I had entered in Simply Cards and Papercrafts! I was beaming from ear to ear I can tell you. Other half had the last laugh though... when I was pondering on what it could be he piped up "it's that Cricut which I ordered for you" what a wind-up merchant!!!! Well, it is Mother's Day on sunday so you never know...

On to today and we had a very busy day. We started off in Sainsburys to get a bit of shopping in (Dylan got a lovely little Breakfast set which was reduced to just 87p and comprises of a toaster, bread, egg cups and cups and saucers). When we got home we unpacked the shopping and had a little teddy bear's picnic with said breakfast set and then it was off out again for Dylan's first visit to Mcdonalds! Well... there was a time when you couldn't get Dylan to sit still anywhere but today he was so good! We sat on the kiddy tables, Dylan was by the window so he could keep track of the cars outside and he got a little dog in his Happy Meal which he has named 'Deano' after an ex-colleagues dog who we keep bumping into when we are out shopping. After eating lots of fries and a bit of burger we were then off to visit another ex-colleague who I've not seen for a few months. Deb is such a fab person and I really enjoy going to her house. Today we were playing in her back garden on the grass, I'd love some grass in my back yard as Dyl had loads of fun playing football and didn't hurt himself when he tumbled over (which was 3 times!) The early evening comprised of the usual TV viewing of Deal or no Deal and Goldenballs before packing Dyl off to bed and getting on with my mother's handmade Mother's Day gift.

My mum loves receiving the little things I make and this time I have gone for a tag book which I bought a few months ago from Scrapz and have yet to use. I will take photos of it tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to post a few pictures of it within the next day or so... all I will say is that it's a lush mix of K & Co papers, prima flowers and Doodlebug stamps and rub-ons Yummy!!!

Have a great evening xxx

No comments: