*** Crafting and General Life from Becky and her little sidekick Dylan ***

Tuesday 30 June 2009

My Time to Craft Challenge - No Patterned Papers!

I'm having nightmares with my computer at the moment, it keeps switching me off so apologies for not coming to visit you all yet this week, I refuse to let the computer win though and if I manage to post this card I will be a happy bunny lol!!
The challenge this week at My Time to Craft is no patterned paper!! This is always a hard one but it does make you think outside the box a little!! Here is what I made...

The image is from Joanna Sheen's Cardmaker's Year CD Rom, this will be the card I give to my bestest work colleague when she retires in September, I'm going to miss her so much :0(
Anyway, I printed the image onto cardstock on a 'normal' print quality, and then I touched up the image with a mixture of pencils, Pro Markers and red Crystal Lacquer. I created the background with a little daisy stamp which is from a Woodware sentiment stamp set (the sentiment is from the same set too). Then I simply just added some striking yellow flowers and a bit of black to make it pop a bit!
Thanks for looking again, hope you all have a fab week!

Love Becky xx

P.S Any Big Brother fans out there? I can't believe my 2 favourite guys Halfwit and Sree are up for nomination, Friday is going to be a gutting night for me, I think I'd be more gutted to see Sree go though, he is great to watch and always has a bit of drama to add to the mix!

15 comments:

Wendy said...

This is lovely Becky, think I'm going to find this one a bit of a challenge
Wendy x

Crafting Diva said...

Hi Becky I am so sorry haven't e-mailed for a few days have sent you one now like you computer been playing up a little and just been mad busy will get my card post on the blog later today. Hope you like it? Love your card and great challenge,you done a great job!!

LOUISE said...

Hi Becky, hope you are well. Fab job on the card, love it! Hope Sree goes, I find him rather annoying! Lou x

Anonymous said...

This is fab Becky, very pretty. your work mate will love it. Have a super day.

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hun long time no visit sorry!!! love this card and your freind will too, not got into BB this year yet
Hugs Jacqui x

Arline said...

Lovely card hun! Can'tbelieve you are a fan of Sree!! He is so annoying!! Sree to go! Lol!xx

Riet said...

Wowww Becky,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colour.

hugs Riet.x

Bubbles said...

Hi Becky, what a lovely bright and cheery card the bright yellow flowers add the 'wow' factor!!
As for your Cute Daisy May card in the previous post, it's just fab!

Can't believe you are a Sree fan I can't stand him and am hoping Half Wit survives another week! Sorry! Where's our eye candy?, Charlie's quite sweet but gay, bring back Stuart from last year I say!!!!!!!

Joanne x

Jac’s Playground said...

this is such a pretty card Becky and I love your Daisy May lantern card,just sooooo cute. Sorry not been around much lately and when I have popped on if its on my main pc have a real problem leaving messages, so am trying to use the little notebook more for this sort of thing. Hope you are all well, How is Dylans arm now. Take care. xx

Joy said...

Hi Becky , gorgeous cottage card!

Hope Halwit stays again, if only to get up the others noses! Not fond of Shree either! Lovin' all your creations xx

Maria Matter said...

Wow, Becky, this is just gorgoeus with the coloring you've added to this image!
blessings, Maria

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Becky and love the colours they work so well together. Just love it.
Hugs Linda

Pop's Cards said...

Love this one hun, i would love to live there, hugs pops x

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hun again, just had to thank you for your kind comments sweetie thanks they mean a lot. Hope you enjoy Popcorn.
I decided to watch BB over the weekend but I could not really take to anyone this time, may try again later when there are less contestants
HUgs Jacqui x

Jill said...

beautiful card Becky, such a gorgeous image hugs Jill xx