*** Crafting and General Life from Becky and her little sidekick Dylan ***

Friday 30 May 2008

Sweet Sugar Challenge - Not a Card!

The challenge at Sweet Sugar was to create something other than a card. Well I thought this was an original idea but I've just popped back and seen that Deb on the design team did exactly the same thing! Sorry Deb, I promise I didn't copy!! Well, I've had a little box hanging around my craft corner for so long and it was crying out to be altered! It once held marshmallows and came in a hot chocolate gift set, needless to say that the marshmallows are long gone :0)
I covered the box in some pretty pink dotty paper, coloured maggie in with distress inks and added some flowers and ribbon. Like Deb I thought the stamp would be perfect for the saying "saving for a rainy day". I don't know if many pennies will go in there as they all seem to get spent at Funky Kits!
Thanks for looking, I hope everyone has enjoyed the sun today!
Love Becky xx

8 comments:

tracie said...

Hi Becky, I love your little box its gorgoeus. The paper is very yummy and love the images - fabulous work hun :-)x
have a great weekend x

mueppi said...

Die Box ist wunderschön! Tolle Idee!

CraftyC said...

It looks gorgeous Becky, another challenge to add to our lists! Have a good weekend
Clairexx

Bee said...

oh Becky that is just so cute. Love the stamp.

xx

Sue Shaw said...

What a great idea, this looks fab!
Sue. x

ella bella said...

gorgeous box becky, fab idea, i love those papers and the stamp is so sweet another one to add to my wish list lol

craftyb said...

Well done...you've made a lovely savings box...! Even if many pennies don't actually go in it, it still lookds cute! bx

Beth said...

Obviously great minds think alike! This is fab, I love the spotty paper!