*** Crafting and General Life from Becky and her little sidekick Dylan ***

Tuesday 11 August 2009

My Time to Craft, Sketch Saturday and Cute Card Thursday Challenges

Hi Everyone! I hope you've all been enjoying the sunshine! I've had a great morning today with Dylan at our local Museum. I haven't been in quite some years and I was really impressed with how much there is for the kids nowadays. He had a look through a magnifying glass at loads of bugs and stuffed animals and he even dressed up as loads of different creatures (Spider, ladybird, bumble bee and cow, so sweet!!) And he was even interested in the the more adult exhibitions like the Spitfire plane and all the pottery which I didn't think he'd like at all! After lunch I was beginning to think that he'd never want to leave, but I eventually managed to sneak him out with the promise of some sweets lol!!

Anyway, I am back today with 2 cards, my first is for the challenge at My Time to Craft this week which is Christmas!! I have used the freebie Drake the Penguin image available from the Pollycraft Blog and made a shaker card...
Sorry about the wonky photo!! I distressed around the edges, coloured Drake with ProMarkers and then just added a few snow flakes behind acetate to make the shaker then I just decorated the frame with some embellies!!

My next card covers the sketch at Sketch Saturday and the colour combo at Cute Card Thursday which is Red and Teal and here is the card I made...

I used another Pollycraft image 'Melody in Love' for this card, she is one of the images from the soon to be released 'Sweet Dreams' collection. I coloured Melody with ProMarkers and added a bit of glitter to her dress. The papers are from HOTP and the flowers are Prima.


I also need to let you that Jacqui, Bev, Emma and Claire have yummy candy on offer at the moment, check them out!!

Well, that's it for me today, I am hoping to get some crafting done this evening so hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with more cards!!

Thanks for looking once again!

Love Becky xx

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a fabby time at the museum with your little man!! Two lovely cards here too. Thanks for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday this week. Lol Lynn ♥

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards again Becky. I love your colouring on both, and great shaker card!
Sounds like you had a fabby time with Dylan - still girl free here!!
Hugs
Cathy xx

Wendy said...

Two wonderful cards Becky, I love the shaker one
Wendy x

Poppy said...

sounds like a great visit, lovelycards.
♥poppy♥

Sharon said...

These are both gorgeous Becky. I have yet to attempt a shaker card. Sounds like your LO had a fab morning!

nessy said...

wow amazing cards becky ~ beautifully made
sounds like you and dylan had a wonderful day ~ what fun you can have once they grow older!!
vanessa xx

Maria Matter said...

Oh, Becky, these are lovely! Both are so beautifully done with your coloring and all the wonderful elements you've included!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the museum!
Blessings, Maria

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Becky, how are you doing hunny? its been ages since we chatted, hope you are okay. We were away last week and now im desperately trying to get back on track, im always behind with comments as you know. I love all the cards you've made since my last visit they are all fabulous. Hope to speak soon, big hugs Linda x

cheryl said...

these are just fab hun great colurs and layouts too lvoe cheryl xxxxxxx

Rach said...

wow two awesome cards Becky, love the colour combo's, that shaker card is brilliant. hugs rachxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cards, each one is so fab, great cute image and details.
luv
Debby

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous cards Becky. Love the images you've used and the colouring also. Hugs Michele x

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Becky,i love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Arline said...

Love the colours in that second card hun and the shaker card is soo cute!!xx

Bubbles said...

Hi Becky, sounds like you and Dylan had a fab day out!
Absolutely adore your shaker card, what a great idea, love it! and your 2nd card is very stylish, love the new pollycraft image.

Joanne x

Ginny said...

love both those images, gorgeous cards :0)