*** Crafting and General Life from Becky and her little sidekick Dylan ***

Thursday 11 December 2008

Arty Girlz Challenge - Favourite Medium

The challenge this week at Arty Girlz is to use your favourite medium, so think of the thing you use most to do your colouring or decoration with etc..
Well lately, as you'll all know, I've become addicted to Pro Markers, I love anything bright and bold and so these work for me rather than pencils etc.
But before my addiction to Pro Markers I loved distress inks, so as a bit of a revival I decided to embrace my 2 favourite mediums, Pro Markers and Distress Inks lol!!
So for my card I used one of the new super cute Wilbur and Albert doggie downloads from Pollycraft. Wilbur has been coloured with Pro markers and the background has been coloured with Distress Inks. Here's a tip for you, the Pro Marker blender pen works wonders at blending Distress Inks, so once I'd done my blue sky I used the blender pen to get rid of 'inky spots' which are common with distress Inks!!
And as an added extra I used Crystal Lacquers on Wilbur's balloons because he had to have shiny balloons didn't he!!
The sentiment was printed off my computer using 'Comic Sans MS' font and the green paper was a freebie from Making Cards mag. Oh, and as you get 2 of the same image on the download sheets, I cut Wilbur out and made him a bit more 3D with foam pads.
Have a wonderful day everyone!
Love Becky xx

22 comments:

Emma said...

Fantastic Becky....really gorgeous card.
Emma x

Julie Allain said...

Fantastic card Becky I haven't got pro markers or distress inks *sigh* Santa are you listening??!!!

Tee Hee

Thanks for joining in with this weeks Arty Girlz challenge

Julie xxx

Rach said...

hay snap distress inks used to be my favorite medium before my markers...lol..
your card looks fab Becky, great use of both mediums. thanks for the tip on the blending pen...
hugs rachxxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

What a gorgeous card Becky, this is such lovely work hun. Hugs Linda x

Paula said...

LOVE IT!!!
Your colouring is FAB Becky!
I'm also addicted to promarkers... however I do have distress inks on santas list... so i'll remember your little tip!
Paula xx

Crissi Harvey said...

Wonderful card Becky so cute.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge,

crissi xx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cute card.

Annie said...

so cute and love the bright colours on this card! hugs, annie x

mueppi said...

What a lovely birthday card, Becky!
Hugs Gisela

Cathy said...

Wow what a fab card. I love Wilbur and the background is fab.
I am getting Pro amrkers off Father Christmas, it was a toss up between them and Distress inks, as the girls play with. .my pencils and drop them. Pro markers have the po
tential to be less messy round them I think!!
Hope you are well.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Bubbles said...

Oh Becky what a fab card, the image is adorable and love how you have coloured it and added the laquer to make the balloons shine! Don't worry about making reindeer food, just keep an eye out for the postie ;0)

Joanne x

cats whiskers said...

Great card fun image must get these download, and thanks for the tip with the blender pen hun
Hugs Jacqui x

Pauline C said...

Fab fun card Becky .. love your colouring :-) and that image is just sooo cute!
Pauline x

Anne said...

Aw Becky, what a cute card :-) x

Chrissie said...

Another fun card Becky, just love him!
Are you sure that you're not actually my daughter? You always love what I love and say what I'd say etc. and we can't be twinnies because of the age difference! LOL!!

nessy said...

just wonderful ~lovely card becky!!
vanessa xx

Wendy said...

This is great Becky, think I might NEED this download
Wendy x

Lynsey said...

Hi Becky
I love your card, your colouring looks fantastic.
Hugs Lynsey :)

Bev said...

Absolutely adorable card sweetie - that little doglet is just the cutest!!

hugs Bev x

Maria Matter said...

This is just too cute! What a fabulous card!
Blessings, Maria

Jill said...

aww this is so cute Becky I love the little puppy hugs Jill x

Jill said...

aww this is so cute Becky I love the little puppy hugs Jill x