*** Crafting and General Life from Becky and her little sidekick Dylan ***

Monday 13 October 2008

Dinky Dots Den Challenge #1 - Halloween!

Well, it's a very exciting time for myself, Alison and her wonderfully talented son Scott (the creator of Dinky Dots) as we welcome you all to participate in our brand new challenge blog... Dinky Dots Den!! Consider the ribbon well and truly cut and go and start creating!! You can create anything you like for the challenge, we are saying the more different the better, but if you love making cards as much as I do then why not try a funky folded card or something that little bit different!! And remember, you don't have to use Dinky Dots, there is a big list of accepted images on the blog including the likes of Magnolia and Sugar Nellie so no need to worry there!

So as we're starting the first challenge mid October we thought we'd go for Halloween! Here is what I created...




This is my little treat bag, as you can see it's already been filled so there's no need for me to go knocking on any doors this year lol!! This was made from 1 sheet of black A4 card. Simply cut the card 2" from the top length ways (this will be the handle) and score the other end 2" at the bottom. Cut little snips up to this score line and then roll the card to create a cylinder shape, secure with wet glue and brads or eyelets for extra strength (these can also be used to secure the handle.) Turn inwards the little snipped bits to the bottom of the cylinder as these will be used to attach a circle shape to complete the bottom of the bag. Then decorate as desired!! I used the AJ and Lulu Angels stamp, cutting off their wings and giving them pointy witch hats!!


My next project is a fun invitation to a Halloween party! I used my AJ Footie Fan stamp and added horns and a tail to make him look like a cheeky Devil!! I've coloured him with Pro Markers and added invitation stamps by Studio G and some doodling with a white gel pen.


Don't forget that with this month's challenge there is also a Design Team call for the challenge blog, so if you'd like to join us at Dinky Dots Den we'd love to see your take on the challenge! Good luck and happy crafting!


Love Becky xx

24 comments:

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Here's hoping the challenge blog is a success. I was looking forward to joining in, but unfortunately don't "do" halloween so I'll have to give it a miss this time.

I'll be watching next time though...
have fun!
Ruth x

cats whiskers said...

These are great what a brilliant idea and those little images are so cute, I love the invitation
Hugs Jacqui x

Jac’s Playground said...

Great stuff Becky I just love how you have adapted Lulu and AJ to make them more halloweeny(?!) they look fabby. xx

Alison said...

Stunning with a capital S, love them and the treats inside too (wink)

CraftyC said...

Good luck with the challenge Becky, I love your treat bag bit think the invite is ab fab!!
Clairex

Chrissie said...

Fabulous projects Becky! I'm trying to catch up now I'm back with all my blogging friends and I can't believe all the incredible things you've been making, they are just fantastic!

Annie said...

Fabby Halloween projects and I promise to go over and take a look at the new blog, and maybe find a free moment to join in too! hugs, annie x

Sue said...

Hi Becky, i love your halloween creations,they are brilliant.Has Dylan got his eye on the top one;-)

sue
xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow this is a beautiful halloween treat bag! You are so clever Becky! Hugs Linda x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow Becky love these ,brilliant ,Dawnxx

MandMStudio said...

So creative:)

Sharon said...

Great projects. In fact brilliant!

nessy said...

how exciting becky!! .... what a wonderful treat bag and invite ~can see you enjoyed making those they are fab!
vanessa xx

Rach said...

oh what fabulous halloween creations becky.xx

Jilli said...

Becky, I just love your halloween creations, they're fab! Jillix

ella bella said...

fabulous ideas Becky and love the images. excellent work
Tracy x

Debbie said...

Oh wow I love your Halloween creations Becky...you're so clever. Debbie x

tracie said...

Hi ya hun, oh wow these are fabulous - looks like another trip to Dinky Dots for some new downloads, lol
I love the treat bag - very yummy !! And AJ looks fab with horns and a tail - great work hun.
Hugs :)x

Natalie said...

These are fab. x

Sammi said...

Oh Becky - these are both SUPER .. what a fun treat bag! and oh so yummy decorations and contents too!
And that invite is fab!!
Love the challenge blog!
Sammi
xxx

Lynsey said...

Hi Becky
I love your Hallowen Projects they are great! I love the Dinky Dots Images they are so cute!
Hugs Lynsey :)

Wendy said...

These are great Becky
Wendy x

LOUISE said...

Fabulous invite, and goodie bag! Love them both! Louise x

Jill said...

wow Becky fantastic, love the goody bay and the little coffin, wow you're just too talented girl Jill x