*** Crafting and General Life from Becky and her little sidekick Dylan ***

Wednesday, 30 July 2008

A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge - Animal Magic

Here is my card for the challenge this week at A Spoon Full of Sugar. The theme is animals and I chose one of my favourite stamps, this super cute Duck in Boots! I was blog hopping last night and saw the fabulous card that Marlene had created for this weeks challenge, she had used brown ink rather than black for a more muted look so I thought I would have a go too! I used my Brilliance Coffee Bean ink pad and stamped the duck and coloured him with water colour pencils. I used K & Co papers and all the other elements are stamps from the new range of Papermania. These stamps are from the 'Sweet Nothings' range, they are so versatile and I think I will be using them a lot! I used a Whispers pen in a shade slightly darker than the coffee bean ink to get a little darker definition and a little doodling to soften some edges.
Thanks for looking, I'll be back this afternoon for a bit of blog hopping!
Love Becky xx

20 comments:

agnes said...

Great card , lovley paper and color combination.

hugs agnesxx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Becky I love the colour combo and gorgeous image you have used. Thanks for playing along this week.Hugs Debbie x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Becky. Love the zesty colours.

Debbie x

paylin said...

You have done a beautiful creation and lovely layout.

Well just to drop by to say " hello " takecare and have a great day
Regards,
x

Bubbles said...

Fab card Becky, love this image and you are right about stamping in brown it looks great! Thanks for joining in.
Joanne x

Dawn said...

Lovely card - your birdie turned out great!

Kate T said...

awww this is really cute becky!
Loving this heart!
Take care hun.
Kate xxxx

Marlou said...

fabulous card Becky!!! love all your lulu images, they are sooo sweet :) x

Bev said...

I love visiting your blog Becky, your cards always make me smile. This is just wonderful - so bright and cheerful - a happy card!!

Andrea, said...

Another gorgeous card Becky, I love how you have coloured the image and the colour combo is fab. have a good day

Rach said...

Gorgeous card Becky.
gab colour combination. hugs rach.xx

WeirdCat said...

Great card, colours are lovely and now i need to order some brown staz on!!
Ruth

Scrapmumur said...

This is Lovely card!!
Beautiful details.
Hugs Mumur

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, love all the doodling.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Beautiful card Becky, love the bright colours you have used they go so well together. Thanks for joining in our challenge. Hugs Nikki x

cats whiskers said...

Another beautiful card Becky I love your work and the colous you have chosen this week are great
Hugs Jacqui x

gailscraftyplace said...

This is so cute, the colours are fantastic. Gail xx

Arline said...

This is very cute! Love that image! Such a different look just by using a brown ink pad! Fab!xx

ella bella said...

aww wow this is fabulous i love all the elements and gorgeous colours and how cute is that duck.
love it
Tracy x

Camilla said...

Gorgeous card Becky!! Love your colouring of the cute duck!:) And the detail with the heart is so nice! Thanks for joining the challenge.
Hugs, Camilla.